|Industry:||Museums & Galleries|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||The Hepworth Wakefield|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||29/06/2021 - 09:00|
Chief Operating Officer
Looking for a senior-level role with a leading gallery? You've found it here...
The Hepworth Wakefield has welcomed over 2.3 million visitors since opening in May 2011 and is now firmly established as a major local, national and international public art gallery, winning the title of Art Fund Museum of the Year in 2017. They present an outstanding and acclaimed programme of historical and contemporary exhibitions alongside displays drawn from Wakefield's growing collection of 20th-century and contemporary art. In August 2019 they opened The Hepworth Wakefield Garden. Designed by Tom Stuart-Smith, it is one of the largest free public gardens in the UK. In early 2022 the newly regenerated 19th-century mill complex Tileyard North will open, bringing further creative life and new business opportunities to their wider site.
They are seeking a creative and collaborative Chief Operating Officer to build on our achievements to date and ensure that The Hepworth Wakefield is appropriately and sustainably resourced into the future. This new key senior role will lead on our business planning, financial and IT strategies, and oversee the financial management and performance of the organisation.
- Oversee all business planning
- Responsible for communicating all financial performance to the board
- Provide strategic financial advice to the senior management team
- Lead on financial elements of major projects
- Lead on the development of the new business plan
- Lead on legal activity
- Lead in IT strategy
- Support the Chair and Director
- Line manage Director of Operations
- Develop a high performing team
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Proven track record of senior financial management
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Strong financial skills
- Strong IT skills
- Strong line management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong networking skills
- A commitment to anti-racism and diversity
- Interest in visual
- Desire to inspire others
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.