|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||26/10/2021 - 17:00|
This is your chance to join the team responsible for creating market-leading book covers for a range of bestselling authors!
With a history stretching back 200 years, HarperCollins is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world. At HarperCollins UK, they publish around 1,500 books a year for readers of all ages and interests. They are the home of beloved, bestselling writers such as Jon McGregor, Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche, Elizabeth Day, Craig Brown and Nigel Slater.
They are looking for a Junior Designer to join the team responsible for creating market leading book covers for a range of bestselling authors. The successful individual will be creative and curious, with a willingness to learn and a desire to develop their talent. The position will involve all aspects of the design process, from creating book covers with guidance from senior designers, to preparing files for print, assets for marketing and providing support to all members of the Design team as and when required.
- With support and guidance from senior designers, the Junior Designer will have opportunities to create their own original book covers, across all genres
- You will begin to develop an awareness and understanding of trends in the marketplace and be expected to put that knowledge into practice when designing your own covers
- With support from the Studio Manager, you will be expected to work on multiple projects at once and meet required deadlines
- Working alongside the Editorial, Marketing, and Sales teams you will be expected to deliver any additional assets required to support the publishing of our books
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A portfolio of work that showcases your creativity and ability to communicate ideas in a visual manner
- Basic working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- The ability to work to deadlines and adapt to changing business needs
- An enthusiastic and proactive nature with the ability to respond to constructive criticism in a professional manner
- A love of reading is a bonus
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.