|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
3 Months initially with a view to a permanent position |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||07/03/2021 - 23:59|
|Start date:||As soon as possible|
Publicity & Marketing Assistant - Octopus Publishing Group
Looking to work with a vibrant and creative team working on a diverse range of books in a dynamic environment? If so, then don't miss this new and exciting opportunity to work with a leading publisher...
Octopus is a leading publisher of non-fiction books. Part of Hachette UK, they have extensive experience of working with high profile authors, trusted partners and associations to produce exciting, market-leading books.
Octopus are excited to announce they are now looking for a Publicity and Marketing Assistant to join their bustling and close-knit team.
- Support Octopus' publicity and marketing campaigns to increase profiles and sales
- Manage your own publicity and marketing projects with supervision from senior members of the team
- Ensure all processes and procedures are managed accurately, efficiently and professionally to support the efficient running of the department
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written communication with good copy-writing skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Knowledge of UK geography
- Good Microsoft Office and social media skills
- Aptitude for learning systems and databases
- Adaptable and able to cope with the unexpected
- An interest in or affinity with Hachette’s published work and markets
- Strong eye for detail
- Graphic Design skills
- Administration and organisational experience in a busy environment
- Work or other experience demonstrating reliability and interaction with the public
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Do not contact the company directly
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.