|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||28/02/2021 - 23:59|
Production Controller - Hodder & Stoughton, John Murray Press
Excellent eye for detail and a strong passion for books? Explore this amazing entry-level role in publishing…
Hodder & Stoughton and John Murray Press are divisions of Hachette UK. Hodder & Stoughton publishes a wide range of fiction and non-fiction titles. They are renowned for passion, creativity and quality, and for launching debut authors and creating bestsellers. They publish in every genre, from fantasy to autobiography to literary fiction to cookery. Their authors include Stephen King, Abi Daré, Lucy Worsley, Becky Chambers, Tom Allen and Liam Charles.
For 250 years, John Murray has published best-selling, pioneering and accessible non-fiction and fiction. Their publishing today represents quality, diversity and populism, from Akala to Billy Connolly, Lisa McInerney to Michel Thomas, Matthew Syed to Susie Dent and Rabbi Jonathan Sacks to Aled Jones.
The successful candidate for this role will join the two imprints as Production Controller, and have the fantastic opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in digital and print publishing within a busy and friendly production team.
- Co-ordinate the production of H&S and JMP backlists, both print and digital
- Work across the whole list and in close collaboration with various internal departments (e.g. editorial, inventory management, group digital, and our suppliers)
- Provide technical support for the wider Production team
- Identifying and exploring developing digital technology, devices, and platforms
- Ensuring the eBook design, functionality, and accessibility features are all excellent
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Be highly efficient and an excellent communicator
- Proven ability to manage your time effectively
- Some experience demonstrating reliability and responsibility
- A genuine interest in technology and innovation
- Prior experience in the publishing industry is not necessary
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.