|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||07/03/2021 - 23:59|
Do you have an understanding of paper purchasing? Are you analytical? Don't miss this opportunity to work with a leading publisher...
Hachette UK is a leading publishing group. The group is made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse history. Hachette UK is owned by Hachette Livre, the world’s second-largest trade and educational publisher, and also has subsidiaries in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and India as well as working closely with their sister company in the USA.
Hachette UK is looking for a Paper Manager to join their team. Paper purchasing will be a new department in Hachette and, as the manager, you have the opportunity and relative independence to build a role.
- Reporting to the Publishing Operations Director, you will be responsible for ordering and managing all the text paper stocks using an internal publishing system, working closely with external suppliers and with the Hachette divisions
- You will maintain accurate data in the system, run forecasts of paper stock demand on a weekly basis, and raise paper requisitions in a timely manner to ensure the right level of stock is maintained
- You will be responsible for managing a considerable cost budget for the group including checking all mill invoices, printer receipts, and reconciling actual usage
- While you will not have any direct reports, you will be part of the negotiating team working with the mills on new paper contracts and will be helping to formulate Hachette’s future strategy for paper buying
- The manager will work closely with two European established mills primarily but also have the scope to explore new suppliers globally and to manage paper for Hachette's US local print requirements
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- You will require excellent analytical skills related to demand forecasting combined with an advanced technical knowledge of book papers
- Relevant paper management experience working with mills and publishers to ensure all requirements were met on time, to the required quality standards and cost budget
- Commercial understanding of paper purchasing on a global level and a sound knowledge of related environmental and quality standards
- The skills to work collaboratively across the different divisions, understand their requirements and provide expert support, including updates on future trends and opportunities in the global paper market
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.