|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Hachette Children's Group|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||05/03/2021 - 23:59|
Senior Editor, Licensing and IP
Are you experienced in licensed publishing? Do you have a good knowledge of children's licensing and the book market? Then don't miss this exciting opportunity to work with a leading publisher...
Hachette Children’s Group are one of the largest children’s publishers in the UK, with an excellent track record in creating bestselling and award-winning books for children. They have an excellent track record in building licensed properties into stellar publishing successes and work with a range of top licensors including Pokemon, DreamWorks, Hasbro and BBC. HCG is also the home of Enid Blyton Entertainment – they are the publishers and the owners of the intellectual property of this much-loved worldwide bestseller. They also have a rapidly expanding programme of colour IP titles.
Hachette Children’s Group are looking for a new Senior Editor to join their licensing and IP Creation team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape their licensing portfolio and develop brand new projects.
- You will work on a range of top brand licenses and contribute to the successful programme of colour IP projects
- Reporting to the Publishing Director, you will manage a range of books including fiction, sticker activity and novelty formats across Hachette Children’s Group’s portfolio of licensed properties and IP
- You will contribute ideas to grow the list, develop relationships with licensors, and manage titles from acquisition to production
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Proven experience of licensed publishing
- Highly creative, organised and unflappable
- Good knowledge of the children’s licensing world and book market is vital
- A keen interest in trends
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.