|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Location:||London or Remote|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||21/05/2021 - 23:59|
Production Assistant (Open Access Publishing)
Are you interested in transforming the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world? Don’t miss this exciting opportunity…
Frontiers are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet. They are an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher. They are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, their 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than one billion views and downloads and two million citations. Their journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. They continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
The Production Office team is responsible for the smooth and swift production and copyediting of articles that have been reviewed and accepted for publication. The team oversees all stages of the production process of articles, working closely with external typesetters and the authors to ensure that high quality manuscripts are published, and deposited in relevant repositories.
Frontiers are looking for a Production Assistant. You will be delivering the best customer service to their authors in order to ensure a smooth final phase of the publication process.
- Send articles for production
- Review author proofs and corrections provided by authors
- Check final publication files which include PDF, HTML, EPUB, and XML
- Maintain data relevant to production of articles
- Report issues and bugs found with Frontiers' website and/or Production Platform
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- You are a curious and self-motivated individual
- You are passionate about delivering a high level of customer service and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You also have strong communication skills, as well as a positive attitude and excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong MS Office skills (word, excel, etc)
- Experience with mark-up languages, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop would be an advantage but not required
- Ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions
- Excellent team player and at ease collaborating proactively with your colleagues
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.