|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||21/10/2021 - 17:00|
SEO / Social Editor
Do you have experience using SEO and social media tools? Want to work for the UK's largest quality daily and online newspaper? Then apply!
The Evening Standard is an iconic London brand, recognised as setting the agenda in politics and business, as well as being first with lifestyle content, major news and sports stories. They are UK’s largest quality daily and online newspaper, with one of the fastest growing audiences in the UK. They provide brands and marketers with an unparalleled gateway to London's high-value audiences through digital, print, social and events. ES Magazine, Homes and Property and ecommerce platform ES Best are all market leading in their fields, and add to the compelling Evening Standard portfolio.
SEO / Social Editors are part of the audience team, reporting into the Audience Editor. They will work with editors and journalists across the newsroom to identify and optimise stories, increase traffic and build a loyal audience via search and their social media platforms. You'll be responsible for helping to identify on-brand trending stories and working with journalists across the newsroom to ensure all content is optimised for search and social media to ensure it meets maximum traffic potential.
- Work as part of the editorial team to ensure all staff are following social and SEO best practices
- Provide training on social to reporters when needed
- Maximising reach and engagement for content across their key verticals / channels
- Monitor news and trends across social networks and search engines
- Keep abreast of developments in the field and advise on potential gains and pitfalls
- Work on content daily to ensure maximum audience reach and engagement
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience working in a digital or newsroom environment
- Experience using SEO and Social Media tools to identify trending topics
- Experience posting on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- An understanding of TikTok and how-to create social videos
- Should be confident to work independently
- A solid understanding of media law
- Ability to write engaging headlines and sells
- Ability to identify trends that would make for good potential stories
- Understand the ES brand, tone and audience
- Thinking creatively and pitching ideas on how to make the most of each story on each platform
- Video editing experience is a plus
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.