|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
12 months initially |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||21/04/2021 - 17:00|
Are you interested in ethical consumption? Don't miss this exciting opportunity to join the Ethical Consumer Research Association as a Researcher Writer...
The Ethical Consumer Research Association (ECRA) is the UK’s longest running alternative consumer organisation. It was founded in Manchester in 1988 as a not-for-profit workers’ co-operative to provide ‘information on the companies behind the brand names’ and to promote the ethical use of consumer power. For over 30 years, they have been the hub of the ethical consumer movement, helping consumers to shop ethically, campaigners to challenge corporate power and businesses to improve their supply chain.
They are looking for two Researcher Writers! The Researcher Writers will join ECRA’s growing team, trained to apply their ratings system to the companies behind the brands in their product guides. After inputting the research into our database, they will also write the articles which accompany each score table output. The contract is initially for 12 months, but they hope to move to a permanent contract. Remote working is possible.
- Help to produce research for publication in Ethical Consumer magazine and on its website
- During training, the employee will research and write one product guide every two months with supervision. After this, they will continue to contribute product guides, features or news items as agreed collectively
- Possibly assist with research for external consultancy clients, such as Lush Cosmetics, Amnesty International, Fair Tax Mark and Which? Magazine
- If role becomes permanent, become co-op member, and share the varied responsibilities of running the co-operative
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Commitment to the co-operative way of working
- Good interpersonal communication skills, and ability to contribute to a co-operative decision-making process
- Awareness and an interest in ethical consumption
- Ability to behave in a confident and professional manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise, and work on own initiative
- Good computer literacy and an ability to learn new computer programmes
- Ability to understand and analyse written information, and summarise it using clear and concise English
- Attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of research and information gathering in a range of formats, including the internet and telephone
- Experience of data analysis and statistics
- Experience of writing for different audiences
- Campaign experience
- Experience of co-operative working
- Experience of public speaking or talking to the media
- Project management experience
- Personnel / human resources skills
- Experience of working on issues related to Corporate Social Responsibility
- Second language
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.