|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||26/04/2021 - 23:59|
Registered Audience Producer - Independent
Looking to work for a leading news organisation? Well, keep reading...
The Independent is a British online newspaper that was established in 1986 as a national morning printed paper.
The Independent is looking for a dynamic and creative registered audience producer to work as part of the team responsible for growing the title’s registered audience.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of journalism and the workings of a busy digital newsroom. They will understand how news content can lend itself to encouraging users to register or subscribe to Independent products. Day-to-day you will assist the newly appointed Audience Engagement Editor with everything from producing newsletters, polls, and Q&As, to engaging in longer-term planning and strategy with the wider team.
- Creating content to encourage reader registration
- Checking content, such as newsletters, meet editorial standards
- Creative thinker to maximise growth opportunities around the news agenda
- An understanding of journalism and the workings of a news organisation
- Assisting the MD and other senior stakeholders with administration tasks
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible, and focussed way, is open to change, and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skillset current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Excellent written English
- Confident phone manner to communicate with outside agencies and brands
- Work closely with colleagues both in the US, UK, and the rest of the world
- Experience of successfully working in a similar role at a similar title.
- A journalism qualification is preferred.
- Strong familiarity with the Independent and our coverage.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate.
- Experience of working in a dynamic fast-paced media environment
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.