|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||06/08/2021 - 12:00|
|Start date:||September 2021|
If you are a bookworm with a strong interest in global current affairs, in the early stages of their publishing career, don't miss the latest role from Hurst Publishers.
Hurst is an independently owned and run non-fiction publisher, based in London but publishing globally. They publish approximately 90 new books per year for both general readers and specialist audiences, building on their core lists in History, Politics, War & Conflict, International Relations, African Studies, Islamic & Middle Eastern Studies and South Asian Studies.
They are looking for an Editorial Assistant to join their team. You will play an essential role in helping editors get manuscripts into production, working closely with them on a wide range of books at different stages of the editorial process. As they are a small team, there will also be ample opportunity to gain insight into and work closely with Marketing, Publicity and Production.
- Editorial skills (proofreading, copy-editing, typesetting preparation)
- Working with the Senior Editor on academic peer review & jacket copy
- Author management
- Administrative and editorial assistance to the Publisher
- Helping the Associate Publisher with metadata and eBook preparation
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in global affairs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good eye for detail
- Outstanding levels of organisation
- A capacity for independent work
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to learn fast in a small team
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Undergraduate degree (BA or equivalent level)
- Foreign-language proficiency would be beneficial, but is not essential
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.