|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||18/03/2021 - 23:59|
Production & Development Intern
Love Discovery’s content? If you would get a buzz from bringing your unique perspective to help a world-renowned media company produce and develop entertainment, then check out this exciting opportunity...
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel.
Discovery is now looking for a personable and enthusiastic Production and Development intern for 12 months. Production is a highly competitive career and Discovery are looking to provide you with a rich and varied experience to build a long-lasting career in TV production.
Discovery’s Production team are responsible for commissioning all Linear TV (where a viewer watches scheduled Discovery TV programmes at the time it's broadcast on its original channel) as well as their new Subscription video on on-demand service. This means that Discovery’s need and ambition for content has grown, and they need an intern to come with ideas, enthusiasm and be thoughtful about their content and content genres.
What you will learn
- Develop the skills of a junior development researcher through monitoring trends and news
- How to liaise with multiple stakeholders across the business, from channel heads to the marketing and communications team and external producers
- Learn how to use editing software to cut clips for shows for both internal and external use
- Work closely with the Production & Development team to track ideas with producers on the Production Tracker
- Devise and manage the production and development slate for the commissioning teams on PowerPoint or Keynote
- Actively participate in production and development meetings they want you to have opinions and bring a different perspective
- Monitor Discovery’s talent & potential talent, both in the media and on social media in order to provide the team with weekly updates
- How to create internal and external presentations, talent pitches other creative and research documents
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Passion for non-scripted content
- Good communicator & confident contributor
- IT skills including knowledge of editing software, PowerPoint/Keynote, Excel, Google Docs/Google Drive as well as social media skills
- Good written communication skills
- Have a can-do and flexible attitude to work
- Strong organizational skills
- Happy to work flexibly across a broad team of people
- Be open-minded, flexible, willing to work hard and to deadlines
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Do not contact the company directly
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group which is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.