|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||18/03/2021 - 23:59|
People & Culture Intern
Are you a personable and strong communicator? Then don’t miss this chance to learn about the broad spectrum of employee relations that keeps an industry-leading media company competitive…
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel.
Discovery is looking for a curious and passionate People and Culture Intern to join their thriving team for 12 months. This exciting role at the heart of the People & Culture (P&C) team will support a business which is fast transforming to meet the changing demands of Direct-to-Consumer products.
This role will have two core elements. Firstly, as a key member of the People and Culture Partnering Team in the UK, you will support Discovery’s progressive management of people across the Employee lifecycle. The second area of focus for this role will be HR Operations where you will support Discovery’s administrative services, recruitment, job analysis, and employee relationship management.
You will also have the opportunity to learn about Discovery’s mission, values, culture and commitment to quality programming, products and services. In turn, you will be able to showcase your unique talents, cultivate skills and most importantly, have fun while doing it.
What you will learn
- Support Employee Wellbeing and unconscious bias awareness
- Gain a well-rounded understanding of a People & Culture function in a large organisation
- Work closely with the team to understand business problems and help to create effective and solutions
- Gain understanding of Discovery’s systems and processes and how these add value to the leaders and managers across the business
- Gain exposure to all HR matters that affect the business such as talent acquisition/recruitment drives, compensation and benefits, learning and development as well as inclusion
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Good attention to detail
- Adaptability and ability to work on own initiative
- Good organisational skills and a flexible mindset
- Clear and concise communicator
- Passion for TV and the growing demands of Direct-to-Consumer organisations
- Confidence to speak up and share ideas in a group and one-to-one environments
- Awareness of the operations of an HR department would be useful but not essential
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Do not contact the company directly
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group which is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.