|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||18/03/2021 - 23:59|
IT Business Analyst Intern
Have a love for statistics and data analysis? Are you looking to get your foot in the door of the data analyst world? If so, we have the perfect entry-level internship for you…
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel.
Discovery is looking for an energetic IT Business Analyst Intern to work across three thriving Discovery departments within the Technology Business Management group (Programme Management & Transformation Office, Business Operations and Service Integration) for 12 months.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn valuable industry knowledge through exclusive hands-on learning experiences, mentorship, executive speaker and networking sessions. Each departmental rotation will be for 4 months, enabling you to gain a great understanding of what’s is involved in each area. In turn, you will be able to showcase your unique talents, cultivate key skills and most importantly, have fun while doing it.
What you will learn
- Gain an understanding of different IT business functions
- Gain exposure to finance analytics, financial forecasting and business case development
- Gain broad skills and knowledge in Business Analysis and Methodology, Product Methodology, Project Coordination, and Data Analysis and Visualisation
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A degree qualification ideally in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Data Science, or Quantitative Methods
- Strong analytical skills
- Good critical thinking
- Ability to synthesise data (qualitative and quantitative) for various target audiences
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Experience of both individual or group projects in an education setting and/or workspace
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Do not contact the company directly
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group which is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.