|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||18/03/2021 - 23:59|
Content Supply Chain Intern
Looking to forge a media career? Are you as passionate about Discovery’s programme content as you are about learning the processes behind TV Production? Then have a look below…
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel.
Discovery is now looking for an enthusiastic Content Supply Chain Intern to join their dynamic team for 12 months. This exciting placement at the heart of the organisation provides exposure to the wide variety of Discovery’s production, technical and administrative tasks which the Content Supply department is responsible for, in meeting all of Discovery’s extensive content requirements. Through exclusive hands-on learning experiences, mentorship, executive speaker and networking sessions you will develop valuable industry knowledge.
This placement will consist of two 6-month rotations, the first within the Revisioning & Compliance Editing team, and the second within the Production Management Department (PMD).
What you will learn
- The varied processes behind TV Production process such as script preparation and creating and sourcing production documentation such as music cues/release forms
- The technical and editorial aspects of editing
- Gain exposure to what’s required in Content Compliance and Regulations
- Understanding of the start to finish process of the development of content within a global Broadcaster
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Prior experience is not necessary, but Discovery is looking for someone with a genuine desire to pursue a career in the media, a passion for both programme content as well as the management side of TV Production (the processes and controls required to support)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines
- Intermediate Microsoft, Google or equivalent office package skills
- Willingness to ask for help when needed
- Ability to prioritise tasks proactively
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Do not contact the company directly
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group which is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.