|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||18/03/2021 - 23:59|
Business Analyst Intern
Are you an excellent problem-solver with an understanding of the basics of computer science? If you would delight in helping deliver high-quality mobile, web, and connected device applications to millions of customers, then this is the role for you...
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel.
Discovery is excited to announce they are now looking for an enthusiastic individual to be their new Business Analyst Intern for 12 months. Through exclusive hands-on learning experiences, mentorship, executive speaker and networking sessions you will develop valuable industry knowledge on the various processes and systems within Discovery’s Direct-to-Consumer business.
You will also be part of the team that integrates the Discovery + app into their high-profile partner networks. In turn, you will be able to showcase your unique talents, cultivate skills and most importantly, have fun while doing it.
What you will learn
- How to convert “business speak to “technical speak” to enable stakeholders (a party that has an interest in a company and can either affect or be affected by the business) to achieve their objectives
- Shadow Business Analysts within the team and help create concise written documents
- Help the Software Development Engineering and Product and Business teams to understand and describe the problem that is to be solved
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- An understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Possess a strong in interest everything app related
- Have a logical approach to problem-solving
- Adaptable approach to work
- Great communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasker with good prioritization skills
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Do not contact the company directly
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group which is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.