|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||18/03/2021 - 23:31|
Brand Marketing & Solutions Intern - Eurosport
Are you a budding Marketer? Hungry to develop strong marketing creativity as well as commercial acumen at a global broadcaster? If you’re excited by the prospect of interning at the home of Eurosport, and the Olympic Games, then look no further…
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel.
Discovery is excited to announce they are now looking for a Brand Marketing & Solutions Intern to join their dynamic Eurosport team for 12 months. This is an excellent opportunity to learn valuable industry knowledge about brand marketing and solutions though exclusive hands-on learning experiences, mentorship, executive speaker and networking sessions.
This exciting and pivotal role will also cross the channel, and you will support the Brand Marketing & Solutions teams based in both Paris and London. In turn, you will be able to showcase your unique talents, cultivate key skills and most importantly, have fun while doing it.
What you will learn
- Understand the processes behind managing Discovery’s brand from the implementation of campaigns to the optimisation of their revenues
- Gain exposure to the creative research the Brand Solutions team undertake to understand client backgrounds and industry insights
- Gain insight into production asset management –the process and the software used to manage media assets
- Work with the Internal Communications teams to support Discovery’s brand refresh across the business
- Create and send a fortnightly email within Marketing to provide highlights and updates on projects
- Learn how to interact with numerous stakeholders across the business including product, editorial, local markets and more
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Expert skills in Office software (PowerPoint / Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a creative mindset
- Excellent client-servicing skills
- Confident social media user
- Prior experience within an international company is a plus
- Good skills in Photoshop are a plus too
- A Master’s qualification in Sales Marketing
- Fluent in French, both writing and verbal
- A passion for, or experience in, sports marketing would be ideal but is not mandatory
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Do not contact the company directly
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group which is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.