|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||18/10/2021 - 17:00|
Assistant to Commercials Division (Talent Department)
Have a passion for upcoming talent across the entertainment industry? An awareness of advertising, branding and popular culture? Then take a look at this role!
Founded in 1899 by Albert Curtis Brown, the company has a long and distinguished history as a world-renowned literary agency representing many famous writers, including Margaret Atwood, Daphne du Maurier, John le Carré and A. A. Milne. Today, Curtis Brown is also home to many other industry-leading divisions including a global Talent agency (representing actors, presenters, comedians, performers and below the line talent), and a prestigious Theatre, Film and Television department (representing leading screen writers, directors, producers, playwrights, and writer-performers).
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an assistant to support the growing Commercials Division within their Talent Department at Curtis Brown. This role centres around delivering excellent client care and systems administration to maximise success for clients in their commercial endeavours. It will involve ensuring the smooth running of the office and support of the team in their roles working across the following areas: brand partnerships and endorsements, digital campaigns, standard visual commercials, voice over, fan conventions and sponsorships.
- Building an in-depth and up to date knowledge of Curtis Brown talent and how they engage with the Commercial Division
- Ensuring all client information is accurately recorded on the Commercial talent database and regularly updated
- Fostering and maintaining good relationships with clients, advertising agencies, production companies and brand contacts to assist in seeking out opportunities for clients. Ensuring these relationships are kept on a professional basis at all times
- Lead on organising clients’ casting meetings. Maintaining an up-to-date schedule and record on the Company database
- Organising any in-house audition recording/taping for the clients and editing the filmed material for presentation
- Co-ordinating logistics for clients’ schedules. Ensuring travel/schedule information is clear and up to date, that the client has everything they need and that any issues are dealt with promptly
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with each primary talent agent to ensure effective communication with Commercial division. Assist in keeping teams regularly updated of potential work and communicating potential dates
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A passion and enthusiasm for upcoming talent across the entertainment industry
- A desire to work as part of the growing commercial division with interest in building meaningful brand partnerships with talent
- An awareness of advertising, branding and popular culture
- A love and knowledge of TV, film and theatre
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail in your work
- Excellent organisational and time management skills – you need to be able to cope with a large workload and multi-task. You should be able (politely) to keep phone calls short!
- The ability to work under pressure and with interruptions
- Familiarity with Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Familiarity with VideoPad and other video editing packages
- Experience of using social media and website CMS
- Commercial knowledge and business acumen
- It would be beneficial if you have previous work experience within the creative industry, e.g. a talent agency or casting agency, or working in a at an advertising agency or in-brand
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.