|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||02/03/2021 - 23:59|
Do you have outstanding troubleshooting skills? Charcoalblue are recruiting a part-time IT Assistant to their global team…
Charcoalblue is the world’s leading multi-national theatre, acoustic, and digital consultancy. Founded in 2004, they have studios in London, Bristol, Glasgow, New York, Chicago and Melbourne. They provide guidance and designs for a broad range of buildings and events, engaging with all members of a project team on how the design choices they make affect the functionality of the building.
Charcoalblue is looking for a part-time IT Assistant to offer vital support to their growing distributed team. You will work closely with our existing IT & Systems Coordinator (also part-time) and our Senior Partner: Finance & Operations to support the smooth running of our IT function across the business.
This role can be undertaken from home with only occasional attendance in our UK studios, or from one of our studios if preferred.
- First point of contact for day-to-day IT queries via Helpdesk, email or other support channels (Teams, phone) alongside our outsourced IT support company, Protronics
- Liaise with external IT support providers and internal management to ensure smooth IT operations
- Purchasing, repairs and renewals of all IT hardware including mobile phones
- Purchasing and renewals of all software (both standalone licences and subscriptions) including transitions to new software platforms
- Creating and maintaining records of all IT hardware and software
- IT onboarding (hardware and software inductions) for all new recruits and IT closedown/equipment retrieval for departing staff
- Providing general IT and Systems assistance to all staff
- Supporting the IT & Systems & Operations Coordinator
Knowledge, skills, experience
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in IT, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe, Bluebeam and Autodesk products, and audio/video conferencing systems (Zoom, Teams)
- Personable with an ability to adapt your communication style to liaise successfully with our global team, and the ability to employ an awareness of local cultural nuances
- Strong technical ability and troubleshooting skills for both hardware and software issues
- Experienced in supporting mobile devices
- Experience with supporting users remotely
- Able to work in high pressure situations to find timely solutions
- Able to adapt in an agile environment
- An interest in live performance and/or events is desired but not essential
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.