|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months |
|Company:||Bread and Butter PR|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||19/04/2021 - 23:59|
Are you passionate about arts and culture? Do you want to start a career in PR? Don't miss this exciting opportunity...
Bread and Butter is a PR agency working in the UK across the cultural sector - from arts and music to theatre and written and spoken word. They tell clients’ stories with strategic and imaginative press campaigns designed to meet their objectives, maximise public engagement and support their aims.
Bread and Butter PR is looking for a Press Assistant to join them. The role is for an organised individual who will support a small and busy press office. The successful candidate will have a passion for arts and culture.
- Assisting Directors and Publicists in their campaign work
- Managing administration connected with running accounts including maintenance of campaign documents, updates and reports
- Creating and managing press lists
- Conduct research to support PR planning
- Sending press releases
- Resizing press images
- Administration of press tickets
- Providing briefing notes to talent and media as required
- Distribution of press cuttings
- Pitching to journalists/ following up press materials as required
- Dealing with requests for images, footage and press information
- Seasonal pitching on behalf of the company
- Maintaining project details on Bread & Butter PR’s Website
- Scheduling, posting and sharing content on Bread & Butter PR’s Twitter and Instagram
- Assisting with financial administration, collating expense receipts and petty cash
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Passionate about arts and culture and interested in media and Public Relations
- Have sound administrative skills, excellent organisation and time management
- Have a positive attitude in their approach to all tasks
- Have impeccable attention to detail
- An excellent communicator, verbally and in writing
- Flexible and have good adaptation skills
- Can multi-task and is confident in working across multiple projects with urgent deadlines
- Flexible approach to work with ability to attend evening and weekend events
- Some experience of G Suite is desirable
- Experience in database management, ideally Gorkana
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.