|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||29/10/2021 - 17:00|
Are you highly organised with good attention to detail? IT literate? Join the Bow Arts team as an Office Manager!
Established in 1995, Bow Arts Trust has grown to become one of London’s leading affordable workspace providers for emerging artists and creative professionals. They champion lifelong learning and inspire future generations of young people to access the arts.
They are seeking an enthusiastic and highly organised Officer Manager to join the Bow Arts team. The role holds a key position in the Core Services team at the centre of the day-to-day operations of the organisation, acting as a vital support to their 4 delivery departments: Learning, Studios, Arts and Events and Enterprise & Placemaking. The Office Manager will play a key role in ensuring their operating systems remain effective and fit-for-purpose.
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office (includes implementing COVID safety procedures, managing phones, equipment, stationery, post, office cleaning and health and safety)
- Support staff with hybrid working (staff are currently working part time from home and part time from the office) ensuring all staff have the equipment and facilities they need
- Manage relevant contractors and suppliers, including annual subscriptions
- Support whole organisation, cross-departmental activity (includes staff meetings/training/updates)
- Implement and improve IT systems, acting as the main point of contact with external IT support providers
- Act as the main administrator for new digital storage platforms (Office 365 and DocuWare), troubleshooting issues and supporting staff, improving processes and implementing new processes as required (full training will be provided)
- Oversee and support recruitment and induction across the organisation (includes employees, freelancers and interns)
- Ensure key documentation is maintained and updated (relevant contracts, forms and the employee handbook)
- Liaise with suppliers (includes payroll, pension and training providers)
- Support the monthly payroll process ensuring all payroll information is up to date and liaising with external payroll team
- Keep staff records up to date, monitoring annual leave and sickness
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Proven experience in a similar role, and competent in Office Management, HR and Governance - with a willingness to learn on the job where gaps exist
- Previous experience in developing policies, procedures and working practices
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written (includes drafting reports and meeting minutes)
- A highly organised individual, and an effective coordinator
- Methodical, with good attention to detail whilst able to see the bigger picture
- Project or programme management experience
- A willingness to keep abreast of changes to relevant policy, guidelines and legislation
- IT literate with a good working knowledge and capability in using MS Outlook, MS Office and databases
- A proactive approach, hands-on when the need arises
- Available to attend meetings and some events outside of normal office hours
- Knowledge of charities / social enterprises
- Experience of database management
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.