|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||28/04/2021 - 23:59|
Membership, Events & Special Projects Intern
Love books and want to help support booksellers? Do you have excellent customer service skills? Don't miss this exciting opportunity to join the Booksellers Association as a Membership, Events and Special Projects Intern...
The Booksellers Association (BA) of the UK and Ireland is a trade body founded to promote retail bookselling in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It is a membership organisation for all booksellers in the UK & Ireland, representing over 95% of bookshops, and exists to support, advise and work with its members to create excellent products and services for booksellers.
They are looking for a Membership, Events and Special Projects Intern to join their Membership and Events Departments. These departments are responsible for maintaining the database of BA members, in addition to two other databases, (Membership) and for delivering a full and varied event programme for BA members and others in the book trade (Events).
What you will learn
- Membership department: support the application and joining process, provide front line advice to potential and existing members, help develop prospects database, ensure high quality administration and records management etc.
- Database management: support the operation and development of the membership and publisher databases, help administer membership subscriptions, manage data entry etc.
- Support the management of BA events, including responding to member enquiries, processing registrations, preparing name badges, delegating materials, preparing email bulletins etc.
- Administration for both the Costa Book Awards and the Costa Short Story Award, including logging entries, liaising with publishers, assisting with the distribution of books to judges, monitoring the Costa Short Story email account etc.
- Ad hoc admin support on special projects, including taking minutes at meetings, desk research, grant administration etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A good team player
- Hard working, polite, friendly and cheerful
- Excellent customer service skills
- Microsoft Office experience, including good Excel skills
- Accurate, logical and practical
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competent numerical skills
- Knowledge of and experience in using digital meeting platforms such as Zoom
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted) and address to the 'Creative Access Recruitment Team'
- Please do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.