|Salary or training bursary:|
6 months |
|Company:||Bonnier Books UK|
|Location:||London (flexible working possible)|
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||21/10/2021 - 17:00|
Intern to the Adult Editorial Team
Have a passion for books and reading? An interest in commercial publishing? Then this six-month internship could be what you've been looking for...
Home to 14 adult and children’s imprints, Bonnier Books UK publish across a wide variety of genres for different ages. From crime to reading group fiction; memoir to self-help; activity to reference – they believe every book matters.
They have a unique opportunity for a highly organised and creative individual with a passion for books to join their busy adult editorial team, covering fiction and non-fiction (Imprints: Zaffre, Manilla, Blink, John Blake). Reporting to the editorial manager, the role will be supporting the team administratively on a day-to-day basis, whilst also gaining valuable training and knowledge, with a view to an editorial career.
What you will learn
- General administrative support for the editorial teams, including organising publication day cards and author copies, and assisting with author and agent meetings in the office
- Processing invoices for the editorial teams
- Reading manuscripts and submissions and reporting back to editors in a timely fashion
- Contributing to editorial meetings and discussions
- Proofreading cover copy/runouts/catalogues etc.
- Agendas for and minute-taking at key meetings including updating and circulating minutes to the wider team
- Liaising with authors and agents over digital promotions and special sales deals
- Creation of and updates to ebooks
- Updates to metadata and carrying out regular Biblio audits and checks
- Gathering sales materials and figures as requested
- Opportunities to undertake copywriting
- Assisting with desk editing, including liaising with freelancers over copyediting and proofreading, and briefing typesetting
- Monitoring and responding to the general queries email
- Other ad hoc editorial tasks
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A good communicator with excellent written skills
- A passion for books and reading
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Ability to adapt quickly
- Sound knowledge of computer packages with good attention to detail
- An interest in commercial publishing
- Some experience in a team administrative support role would be an advantage
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.