|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Bonnier Books UK|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||22/10/2021 - 17:00|
Creative Studio Manager
Join an award-winning design team! Are you a problem solver with strong attention to detail? Apply...
Bonnier Books is home to 13 adult and children’s imprints, publishing across a wide variety of genres, for different ages. From crime to reading group fiction; memoir to self-help; activity to reference – they believe every book matters. Bonnier Books UK is owned by Bonnier Books, a family-owned company headquartered in Sweden. Bonnier Books is a top-15 world publisher.
Bonnier Books UK is looking for an experienced Studio Manager to join their award-winning design team. The purpose of this role is ensuring that the studio runs as efficiently as possible, so that their designers can focus on delivering their best creative work.
- Project manage covers and jackets in line with the creative briefs, making sure key milestones are kept and final files are supplied on time
- Facilitate best practice processes, creating and implementing deadlines, project goals, expectations and workflows that set the team up for creative excellence, whilst ensuring a smooth production process
- Track progress and manage expectations, problem solving and escalating issues as appropriate to ensure that deadlines are met
- Assess, probe and clarify creative briefs and help to assign the appropriate designer with the art director
- Manage all aspects of the budget for each cover, along with financial tracking and controls
- Liaise with third party contributors, including illustrators and other freelancer agents
- Curate images libraries for artwork and brand assets
- Administrative support in preparation for weekly cover meetings, preparing agendas and taking minutes
- Empower the design team to deliver their best creative work, identifying emerging trends and opportunities
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A problem solver with strong attention to detail
- Confident in communicating with colleagues at all levels and capable of pushing back and challenging when necessary
- Previous studio management experience within a publishing environment or similar creative field is encouraged, but not essential
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.