|Industry:||Television and Film|
|Salary or training bursary:|
6 months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||26/05/2021 - 23:59|
If you have a passion for film and TV and want to help shine a spotlight on marginalised voices, this is the role for you! Join Bohemia Media as an Acquisition Intern!
Bohemia Media is a production and distribution company, representing film, TV, performance and theatre arts. They focus on stories from marginalised groups, including but not limited to, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, people of colour, female-led groups, GSDR groups etc.
They are looking for an Acquisition Intern to join their team for 6 months, with a view to extending to a full-time position! If you are a motivated self-starter who would love to gain training and valuable insight into a unique and rising company within film and TV, then this is the role for you.
What you will learn
- Research and track independent films and series through various sources and stages
- Interact with filmmakers, sales companies and agencies to qualify and collect information on potential projects
- Review completed films and attend festivals to assist with evaluating potential for acquisition and distribution, providing meaningful feedback to assist with decision process
- Occasionally assisting Bohemia’s other arms e.g. providing input to marketing campaigns for Bohemia Fantasia (Bohemia’s marketing company), reviewing curated titles and programmes for Bohemia Euphoria (Bohemia’s video on demand platform)
- Provide general administrative tasks and ad hoc project
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Good all-round IT skills – especially Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work from own initiative
- Demonstrable problem-solving abilities
- A passion for film and TV
- Knowledge and engagement of current events within the marginalised communities Bohemia works within
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted) and address to the 'Creative Access Recruitment Team'
- Please do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.