|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||18/10/2021 - 17:00|
Regulatory Returns Officer
Do you have experience of analysing complex data sets? Good at problem solving? Take a look at this Senior level role!
BIMM Institute is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe. They have over 35 years’ experience helping students launch successful careers in Music, Film and Performing arts and are located in some of Europe’s most creative cities - London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham.
They are looking for a Regulatory Returns Officer to join their team. This is a specialist role playing a key part in ensuring that BIMM Institute produces and submits accurate and timely regulatory reports to external government bodies. This role requires specialist higher education knowledge and a good understanding of student base statutory reporting (HESA, Graduate Outcomes, HESES, Data Futures etc).
- Establish, document, and maintain effective processes and procedures including the development of reports to extract data from the student record system that facilitate data validation, transformation, and reconciliation in accordance with statutory definitions
- Produce and manage HESA Student Alternative return through to the “Credible” stage. This includes (but is not limited to) preparing accurate data, error resolution, submitting returns and responding to queries on data
- Prepare OfS HESES return
- Assist BIMM People team with the preparation and submission of the HESA Staff return
- Prepare any other student related returns as required by the UK Government
- Proactively advise senior colleagues of any issues identified during the production of each return
- Stay up to date with developments in student related statutory reporting, with particular interest on Data Futures, plan for future returns and input into student data collection, student records system development, and administrative process review to ensure accurate and timely reporting, that is consistent with all requirements
- Utilising specialist knowledge, and working closely with colleagues in other departments, undertake work for Regulatory Returns as follows: run regular monitoring reports throughout the year, act as primary liaison with departments regarding data requirements for regulatory returns etc.
- Comply with and implement as appropriate, all of BIMM's policies and procedures, with particular reference Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, and Health and Safety
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Knowledge of, and experience preparing and submitting HESA and OFS returns
- Experience producing and editing XML files
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- A high level of numeracy and experience of analysing complex data sets
- Effective problem solving
- Experience using student record system Unit-e
- Experience using student record system Banner & CRM Recruit
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.