|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
6 Months |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||01/03/2021 - 23:59|
Exam & Assessment Officer
Are you able to work with a high level of accuracy? Do you have good communication skills Don’t miss this exciting opportunity…
BIMM Institute have over 35 years’ experience helping students launch successful careers in Music, Film and Performing arts and are located in some of Europe’s most creative cities - London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham. They are the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe and offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education courses in popular music, performing arts and film and screen – including BA(Hons)/BMus Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and MAs.
BIMM Institute are looking for an Exam & Assessment Officer. Working on a fixed-term basis, the successful candidate will support the co-ordination, supervision and marking of assessments.
- Assisting the Head of Examinations and Assessment with the co-ordination, timetabling, moderation, data management and general supervision of HE exams and assessment procedures
- Deputising Head of Examinations and Assessment duties in their absence as required
- Assisting with the production of exam related information such as registers and student assessment materials
- Working closely with Head of Examinations and Assessment, the Academic Registry and Student Support teams and the HE Academic Team to ensure that all examinations and assessments are set, delivered, marked and reported in a timely fashion, and in accordance with assessment regulations
- Ensuring that all assessment data, both physical and electronic is filed, securely stored and made available for future reference.
- Administration of electronic assessment submissions via the BIMM VLE including the creation of submission portals and the provision of guidance for staff and students
- Organising assessment marking teams throughout the year
- Assisting with the invigilation of exams both in house and off site
- Assisting the Academic Registry team with the efficient running of the Examination Boards
- Assisting the Head of Examinations and Assessment and the Academic Registry team in the production of data-based reports for the Senior Management Team
- Providing telephone and tutorial support for students in relation to examination and assessment information as required
- Ensuring additional examination and assessment arrangements are in place for students as required
- Sending out feedback and assessment results to students
- Maintaining accurate and up to date student records on Unit-E software
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Able to work quickly and accurately under high pressure
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, especially via telephone
- High level of accuracy in data inputting and ability to concentrate in a busy office environment
- Be able to multi-task and manage own workload efficiently
- Experience of administering HE examinations and assessment
- Experience of using timetabling software and/or e-learning platforms
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.