|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||03/08/2021 - 17:00|
Accounts Payable Assistant
Entry-level role! Do you have strong numerical skills and great attention to detail? Apply now...
BIMM Institute has colleges in eight highly creative cities – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe. BIMM Institute’s colleges have over 50 years’ experience between them in helping students launch successful careers in the Music, Film, and Performing Arts Industries.
They are looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join their team. You will have a key role in ensuring that the purchases of the company are accurately recorded and that suppliers to the company are paid accurately and in a timely manner. You will also play a key role in maintaining the integrity of the company bank account records and support in the roll out of a new accounting system.
- Process all invoices accurately and at speed / Route invoices to appropriate budget holders for timely approval
- Monitor email inboxes with timely attention to urgent invoices
- Help budget holders identify the correct budget coding where necessary
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure all purchase invoices are paid within agreed payment terms and in line with purchasing procedure and provide purchase order records as appropriate
- Build positive relationships with internal and external business partners with regular contact by phone and email
- Be flexible and responsive to local requirements when dealing with specific areas of the business such as those abroad
- Minimise supplier queries by proactively understanding supplier business and the commercial terms applicable to that supplier, and work collaboratively with suppliers when these arise
- Undertake reconciliations, monitor all supplier accounts, anticipate developments and identify suppliers requiring special attention ( ‘suppliers’ includes self-employed tutor supplier accounts)
- Proactively identify potential issues, for example large unpaid balances or debit balances on the ledger
- Ensure only invoices which have been approved in agreement with the authority matrix are passed for payment
- Ensure that payment runs are accurately entered into the banking system
- Ensure remittance advices are sent for payments made
- Reconcile the bank accounts on a daily basis ensuring reconciliation to SAGE TB balance each month end
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience of working in an accounts payable role
- Experience of an accounts payable accounting software system
- Experience of working to deadlines and managing own workload in an effective way
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good organisational skills
- Strong numerical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstration of excellent customer service and communication to internal and external partners
- AAT studier
- Sage 200 and SAP experience
- Experience of a fast-paced finance environment
- Exposure to foreign currency transactions
- Good Excel skills
- Basic Word skills
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.