|Contract Type:||Freelance Opportunity|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||12/05/2021 - 23:59|
Interim Postgraduate Course Leader
Freelance role! If you have teaching experience, don't miss this opportunity to join BIMM Institute as an Interim Postgraduate Course Leader...
BIMM Institute is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe. They have over 35 years’ experience helping students launch successful careers in Music, Film and Performing arts and are located in some of Europe’s most creative cities - London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham.
They are looking for an Interim Postgraduate Course Leader to join their team. In 2021-22, BIMM Institute Bristol will introduce a new Masters programme in Learning and Teaching in the Creative Industries. They are seeking a passionate educational leader to commit one day a week initially to focus principally on promoting the course, recruiting applicants and assessing applications in order to successfully launch the course in October 2021. Additionally, you will work alongside the Bristol education team and colleagues in Brighton (who have been successfully delivering the program for two years) to begin preparing the course for delivery.
- Manage a course delivery team including academic and support staff
- Lead the quality assurance of the course and to contribute to its ongoing enhancement
- Lead admissions to the course, reviewing applications, conducting interviews, making admissions decisions, and processing applications for Accreditation of Prior Learning
- Participate in open day events to promote the course
- Lead recruitment and promotion initiatives to publicise the course
- Teach and lead module(s), assess and moderate the work of students
- Conduct research in your specialist field
- Promote the reputation and interests of BIMM Institute and the Postgraduate School internally and externally
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Significant contribution to research, and/or specialist field
- A level 7 qualification or above (a Doctorate is the normal expectation)
- Five or more years qualified teaching experience, with proven track record of success
- Passion for education and a commitment to and expectation of the highest standards from students for whom you are responsible
- Self-motivated, organised and driven
- Teaching, assessment mentoring and facilitation skills
- Curriculum and instructional design skills
- Research and scholarship skills
- IT and communication technology skills
- Organisational, leadership and management skills
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.