|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Location:||Chalfont St. Peter|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||02/08/2021 - 23:59|
Do you have recent radio presentation experience? If you're interested in a role that will take you overseas, apply now!
BFBS is a registered charity and has been a pioneer in armed forces broadcasting and communications for over 75 years, bringing the best of UK TV, sport and music to the forces family worldwide. They also offer everyone interested in the work of the armed forces, their own award-winning military content.
They are looking for a Radio Presenter/Producer! You’ll be working in a unique environment, producing compelling content for an Armed Forces audience and being given the creative freedom to do so. You will be going overseas, so please only apply if that works for your personal situation.
- Presenting radio programmes on a BFBS station in the UK or Overseas
- Self producing radio programmes on a BFBS station in the UK or Overseas
- Identifying and providing content for programmes and, where appropriate, News
- Conducting interviews for use on your show and across the Network of stations
- Producing speech/audio features (including packages, reports, interviews and documentaries)
- Recording RVT’d programmes for the BFBS Brand Extension stations when required and when time allows
- Active use of digital and social media platforms
- Attending training events and courses to improve skills in audio, social media and any other related content
- Conducting radio station administration duties where required
- Attending events, OBs and being an ambassador for BFBS Radio
- Undertaking reasonable tasks as directed line manager(s)
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Recent radio presentation experience in a live ‘self-op’ environment
- Production & multi-track editing skills, including features, packages & reports
- Good research and interviewing skills
- Good standard of general education
- Excellent radio presentation, production, editing, interviewing and writing skills
- Good broadcasting voice
- Ability to identify and produce the most suitable content for identified British Forces audiences
- Ability to collaborate within creative environments
- Knowledge of Adobe Audition and other editing, play-out and scheduling software
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of the use of social media and other digital initiatives within the broadcast environment
- Experience of voice tracking
- Knowledge of the British Forces community in the UK and overseas
- Excellent knowledge of popular music across all genres
- Knowledge of Ofcom regulations/media law
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.