|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||24/10/2021 - 17:00|
Senior UX-UI Designer
Interested in heading the design of digital products for a multi-media publishing, entertainment and creative business? Read more about it here...
Beano Studios produces diverse content across TV and the award-winning Beano.com - as well as theatrical, live experiences, licensed products and the legendary Beano comic and annual. International Emmy nominated Dennis & Gnasher: Unleashed! has been sold to 90+ countries, including to the BBC and Netflix, reaching over 200 million people.
As Senior UX-UI Designer, you will take responsibility for the UX/UI of Beano Studio’s digital products. You will be central to ambitious plans to design products & experiences that capitalise on the huge Beano.com audience, with a focus on creating new features that will delight users and support the commercial goals of Beano Studios.
- Act as the owner of design and UX/UI across Beano Studio’s digital products
- Be the voice of the audience, championing user-centred design across the business, working closely with key Beano stakeholders
- Work closely with the Head of Design & UX at DC Thomson to ensure best practice is adopted and wider DCT Group synergies are potentially accessed, and knowledge is shared
- Review and optimise the UX/UI of digital products, including the B2C product - Beano.com and B2B data & insight product Beano Brain
- Create new user-flows, customer experience maps, wireframes, and prototypes for Beano.com and Beano Brain
- Capture requirements & insights from stakeholders and translate them into new features and optimisations
- Direct internal & external colleagues & partners contributing to the development of Beano.com and Beano Brain
- Work closely with the CEO and Head of Commercial & Strategy at Beano Studios on new products, NPD and business cases from a design UX/UI perspective as they are formed for sign off
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Strong UX and visual design skills with experience in creating rich and engaging UIs
- Having developed or used modular design systems
- Capable of guiding an agile product team (with external and internal members) through the full digital design process
- Experience in design for digital media, subscription products or data
- Experience of design for kids & families would be a huge advantage!
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools – such as Figma, Miro, Adobe, Shorthand & Collaboration Tools – Jira
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.