|Salary or training bursary:|
One year |
|Company:||BBC Studios Science Unit|
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||16/05/2021 - 23:59|
|Start date:||1st June onwards|
Are you passionate about telling stories that matter – stories that could change the world? If you answered yes, this researcher opportunity within the Science unit at BBC Studios, London could be what you’ve been searching for…
BBC Studios Factual, The Science Unit supplies content to a range of broadcasters and platforms across the UK, US, and Europe, including the BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5, ZDF, PBS, Discovery Science, Netflix, and YouTube. Recent output includes YouTube’s The Edge of Science, Climate Change & Extinction: The Facts, the multi award-winning science strand Horizon, landmark series such as The Planets, the critically acclaimed 8 Days: To the Moon and Back, and established series like The Sky at Night, and The Truth About.
They are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their Science team as a Trainee Researcher for 12 months. Throughout the year, you will gain first-hand experience of working in a global media company, as well as the opportunity to be mentored by a world-leading programme maker from the genre. The successful candidate will be someone with a clear passion for the TV industry and a keen interest in science programming.
As a Trainee Researcher, you will learn about ideas development, from conception through to pitch, and will gain production experience, working on a number of commissions throughout the year. The aim is for you to be ready to apply for researcher roles in TV at the end of your traineeship. So, if science matters to you, and you are ready to take on this coveted opportunity, apply now!
What you will learn
- A good understanding of developing ideas from conception through to pitch, whilst working within the Science development team
- An understanding of production from script to screen, working with broadcasters such as the BBC and Channel 4 to the Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD)s, branded or digital content
- Excellent grounding for becoming a TV researcher in the media industry including location skills
- First-hand experience of working in a global media company
- The opportunity to be mentored by one of their world-leading program-makers
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Excellent journalistic instincts
- A clear passion for the TV industry
- A keen interest in science programming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic approach to work and always willing to try new things
- A science background to degree level
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV, cover letter as ONE document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]
This opportunity is only open to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates.