|Salary or training bursary:|
One year |
|Company:||BBC Studios, The Documentary Unit|
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||16/05/2021 - 23:59|
|Start date:||1st June onwards|
If you love programmes that investigate and tackle issues in society, have a journalism background, and want to train as a researcher, apply now to join the BBC Studios Documentary Unit in Salford…
The BBC Studios Documentary Unit produces some of the most acclaimed and most watched factual titles in television. Consumer and current affairs titles, such as Watchdog, Rip Off Britain, and The One Show, are made alongside documentary and specialist factual content for other channels.
They are looking for an enthusiastic Trainee Researcher to join their Documentary Unit in Salford for 12 months. As a Trainee Researcher, you will work on a variety of titles, splitting your time across a number of productions over the year including a live studio show (Sunday Morning Live), a consumer programme (Rip Off Britain), Scouting for Toys (an observational documentary) and other current affairs and specialist factual content. This may be existing projects or new commissions. The successful candidate will have a passion for the TV industry and, in particular, for journalism and factual content.
Throughout the year, you will be trained in research techniques and mentored by experienced members of the team. The plan would be to rotate across all of the output, with the aim of emerging from your placement with all the skills needed for a Junior Researcher position. This could be the key to starting your career in television or communications, so don’t hesitate and apply now!
What you will learn
- Core television and journalism skills
- Research techniques
- Where appropriate to the production, you may also gain location experience
- Training on the job and via ‘Production Services’ to ensure you have an excellent ground knowledge of media management
- Camera assisting
- Location experience
- Planning, casting, journalism and team working skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A genuine passion for television
- An interest in journalism, documentaries and factual content
- A desire to learn new skills
- Some knowledge or experience or passion for journalism
- A passion for human interest stories- and how to translate those stories into compelling, informative television
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV, cover letter as ONE document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]
This opportunity is only open to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates.