|Salary or training bursary:|
One year |
|Company:||BBC Studios, The Documentary Unit|
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||26/05/2021 - 23:59|
Production Management Assistant
An exceptional opportunity for a strong communicator with exceptional organisational skills to be a Trainee Production Management Assistant with the Documentary Unit at BBC Studios, Glasgow...
The Documentary Unit at BBC Studios is the home of high quality, thought-provoking and award-winning factual television. Their programming is critically acclaimed, with titles like the BAFTA-winning Basquiat: From Rage to Riches, Thatcher: A Very British Revolution, The Flu That Killed 50 million, A Life In Ten Pictures, This Farming Life, Being Bridget Jones and the multi-award-winning Arts strand Imagine.
They are looking for a Trainee Production Management Assistant to join them in Glasgow for 12 months. As a Production Management Assistant, you will provide administrative and logistical assistance to the production team/s in order to ensure the smooth and efficient running of productions. The successful candidate will be someone with a desire to build a career in the TV industry and a demonstrable interest in BBC Studios.
During the traineeship, you will support television projects from pre-production through to channel delivery, working with the production management team and gaining an overview of the production process. If this sounds perfect and you are raring to get stuck in, apply now!
What you will learn
- Overview of the production process from start to delivery by supporting television projects from pre-production through to channel delivery
- Experience of various BBC booking systems
- Good insight into production processes and systems through working on a variety of different types of programmes, including both domestic and international for a range of broadcasters in the UK, USA and China
- Develop a broad range of industry contacts
- How to work with the production management team
- Plan and organise logistics, shoots, booking travel and accommodation
- Support the day-to-day production activities
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Demonstrable interest in BBC Studios and a desire to build a career in the TV industry
- Awareness of multi-platform production/content
- Able to use systems and adopt new technologies
- Able to manage interpersonal relationships effectively and work collaboratively within a diverse team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to influence and motivate others
- Potential to work in a pressurised environment
- Strong organisational and planning skills and manages conflicting demands to meet deadlines
- Ability to use initiative with confidence, using judgement to escalate where necessary
- Able to consider and propose new ways of working to improve processes
- Competent use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Educated to Scottish National 5 or Highers, GCSEs or A-levels
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV, cover letter as ONE document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]
This opportunity is only open to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates.