|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||17/12/2021 - 12:00|
Do you have organisational development experience? How about advocacy & communications experience? artsdepot is looking for a Chief Executive!
artsdepot is a leading multi art form venue and cultural hub in North London. Their venue incorporates a 395 seat main theatre, 148 seat studio theatre, gallery, Creation Space, dance, drama and art studios, café and bar and other public spaces. Every year, they welcome over 162,000 people to watch, learn or be inspired by their programme of shows and events. They are host to undergraduate performing arts college London Studio Centre, who have a suite of studios and facilities both on and adjacent to their site.
You will be the strategic lead of artsdepot as Chief Executive, ensuring it fulfils its remit as North London’s principal arts centre.
- Business Plan – Completion and delivery of the Business Plan 2023 - 2026 and beyond; its implementation with agreed K.P.I.’s and Departmental strategies
- External Relations – Manage and develop key stakeholder relationships including Arts Council England, London Borough of Barnet, London Studio Centre, City Hall and other North London partnerships such as Middlesex University, the Pentland Group, The North Finchley Partnership Board
- Fundraising – Develop comprehensive strategies working with the Development Director, Director of Programming & Engagement and other members of the Executive
- Profile Raising – Support the creative lead by the Director of Programming & Engagement and Head of Marketing & Communications to leverage audiences and artistic partnerships and raise artsdepot’s profile. Lead on artsdepot brand development
- Governance – Work with the Chair of the Board to develop the Board of Trustees to support and enhance the organisation’s assets, skills and competencies
- Financial – Work with Director of Finance & Operations to ensure business sustainability, growth and fiscal accountability and risk management in line with the business plan; take overall responsibility for the organisation’s financial management
- Engagement – work in collaboration with the Director of Programming & Engagement and Head of Marketing & Communications on the creative programme, engagement activity to deepen and widen relationships for the benefit of artsdepot’s social impact agenda
- Staff leadership – responsibility for a forward-thinking workplace culture, staff wellbeing, team dynamics, equality, diversity and inclusion, growth, environmental sustainability and delivery in line with all recommended HR protocols
- Communications - Represent artsdepot with external stakeholders and the wider arts community, building constructive relationships to further the work and income of artsdepot. Ensure regular communication with all members of staff to facilitate the smooth operation of the venue
- Health and Safety - Ensure all operations are carried out within the relevant Health and Safety and safeguarding legislation so all staff, visitors, audiences and participants are safe
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Demonstrable five-year senior management experience in an equivalent venue or complementary environment
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with the ability to present at a senior level
- Wide experience of the current UK art sector and knowledge of current art practice across a range of disciplines
- Knowledge and contacts across the sector to include funders, companies, artists, local and national government initiatives
- Operational venue experience and an understanding of property management including the legal framework
- Experience of capital development
- Experience of leading the strategic financial direction of an organisation
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to work with clarity and initiative
- Flexible and strategic approach to business
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving which may arise in the context of the work
- Proven fundraising experience
- Ability to think creatively and drive the complex needs of the organisation forward in a strategic manner
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.