|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
Maternity Cover |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||25/10/2021 - 10:00|
Director of Programming
This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your leadership skills and creativity! Apply now...
artsdepot is a leading multi art form venue and cultural hub in North London. Their venue incorporates a 395 seat main theatre, 148 seat studio theatre, gallery, Creation Space, dance, drama and art studios, café and bar and other public spaces. Every year, they welcome over 162,000 people to watch, learn or be inspired by their programme of shows and events.
They are looking for a Director of Programming. This role is offered on a fixed term, temporary contract to cover maternity leave. This key creative senior position leads an artistically ambitious, socially engaged programme that’s loved by artists, audiences and participants, and is a benchmark for quality in the sector.
- Creatively lead and develop the multi-artform programme
- Programme two well-balanced and diverse seasons a year (Jan – Aug / Sep – Dec) meeting essential income and audience development targets in line with the strategic business plan
- Oversee the Creation Space artistic residency programme and artist alumni network
- Evolve artistic residencies and other potential artistic partners in further collaboration, supporting production weeks and developing commissions
- Explore and develop international and national artistic partnerships
- Lead on developing artsdepot’s digital creative content and digital cultural learning
- Develop and maintain a broad range of partnerships, utilising networks and contacts to fulfil the role
- Apply a broad knowledge of theatre, dance, circus, music, visual arts, comedy, opera, spoken word and family work suitable for the small to middle scale to create the programme
- Oversee the programming and producing of key events, such as Big Draw, Fun Palaces and National Theatre Connections Festival
- Attend performances, events and festivals to make critical assessments for programming consideration and maintain a strong awareness of current trends and emerging talent
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Demonstrable and proven track record of programming in a similar / complimentary environment
- Experience of producing in a similar/complimentary environment
- Proven strategic leadership and management experience
- Demonstrable experience in developing and delivering education and community engagement projects
- Ability to work with a strategic and long-term view in the development of artsdepot’s programme and activities
- Proven experience in confident negotiation with a wide range of diverse stakeholders
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and deliver to a deadline and on budget
- Ability to set and work within a budget and oversee other members of the team’s budget responsibilities
- Demonstrable knowledge and engagement with appropriate networks and contacts
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Knowledge of best practice around safeguarding and child protection
- Passionate about live performance and the arts in general
- Knowledge of digital and new technology developments
- Experience in fundraising
- Experience of using Artifax Venue Management and Spektrix Box Office
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.