|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||22/09/2021 - 17:00|
|Start date:||Early October|
Book lovers, this one's for you! Do you read across a wide range of genres? Would you love to work for a literary agency? Then apply...
A.M. Heath is a renowned London literary agency. Founded in 1919 by Audrey Heath and Alice May Spinks, two women who challenged the conventions of publishing, they are still very much driven by a passion to help writers who want to shift, shape or enrich the wider cultural conversation, and provide irresistible entertainment. As well as a century of experience, they bring energy, ambition, and a keen eye for detail to their work.
A.M. Heath are seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working and organised person to support three agents (Julia Churchill, Oli Munson and Rebecca Ritchie) in their representation of authors and estates.
- Reading and reporting on submissions
- Producing editorial notes on manuscripts
- Database and schedule management
- Author care
- Diary management
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts
- Providing full administrative support
- Occasional office duties
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Organised, resourceful, intuitive, and have a great editorial eye
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Previous publishing experience is not necessary, but a keen interest in books is a must
- Someone who reads across a wide range of genres
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Please also include your answers (maximum 250 words each) to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work at A.M Heath?
- Tell us about a book you read recently and why you liked – or didn’t like – it.
- Please tell us about any editorial or administrative experience you have acquired.
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]