Sophie Duker to host 2020 Creative Industry Showcase at Channel 4
We are thrilled to announce the details of our next Creative Industries Showcase at Channel 4’s headquarters in London on Monday 10th February…
This year, for the first time ever, the entire panel and host will feature only former Creative Access interns!
This FREE event is the perfect opportunity for graduates and young people from BAME and lower socio-economic backgrounds to learn about the wide range of career opportunities that are available in the creative industries.
Hosted by stand-up comedian and writer Sophie Duker, and sponsored by ITV Studios, the evening will include a panel of experienced industry professionals from a range of creative sectors, including talent, television, publishing, film, theatre and journalism. It will be a fantastic opportunity for attendees to network with each other and a host of employer company representatives.
Date: Monday 10th February 2020
Time: 6 – 8pm
Location: 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX
Introduction by: Alex Mahon, Chief Executive, Channel 4
Host: Sophie Duker (former intern at Hat Trick)
- Charlie Brinkhurst-Cuff, Head of Editorial, Gal-dem (former intern at the Financial Times)
- Matt Kay, Oscar-long listed Documentary Filmmaker, Walk of Life Films (former intern at Sky News)
- Atri Banerjee, Theatre Director, Royal Exchange Theatre (former intern at National Theatre)
- Dean Webster, Freelance Producer/Director (former intern at Endemol Shine)
- Simran Sandhu, Assistant Editor, Pan Macmillan (formerly an intern at Pan Macmillan)
Further speakers to be announced in the coming weeks!
So, if this sounds like the perfect event for you, please register here. Registration deadline is midnight 31st January 2020.
If you want a sneak preview of what this year’s event will be like, check out the report of last year’s showcase and do take a look at these videos of our previous showcases at Channel 4 and AMV BBDO.