Creative Access partners with Sky to launch placements for under-represented groups
- Applications are open for our placements at Sky. These opportunities are available to people from groups that are under-represented in the creative industries in terms of ethnicity, disability, or socio-economic background.
Creative Access has partnered with Sky, Europe’s largest media and entertainment company, to provide placements in the media industry for people who are from under-represented groups. 18 placements are available across Sky News, Sky Sports, Sky Studios, and UK Content.
Over the course of a year, the successful candidates will develop their industry knowledge, widen their professional networks, and learn new skills by working alongside experienced technical, editorial, and strategic staff at Sky.
Anoushka Dossa, Director of Intern and Graduate Recruitment at Creative Access said:
“These placements will allow the successful applicants to get a year of unparalleled experience under their belt, which we expect will be a springboard for them to forge long and successful careers, to the benefit of the UK’s television industry.”
In January 2021, Sky set ambitious targets to increase ethnic diversity and representation across its UK workforce, with the aim that 20% of their employees in the UK & Ireland would be from Black, Asian, or ethnically diverse backgrounds by 2025.
John, Ryley, Head of Sky News said:
“The media industry needs to change to reflect modern Britain, and not just in what viewers see on screen but who makes decisions off screen too. By offering placements to trainees from diverse backgrounds we’re giving people a foot into the industry they might not otherwise secure – and once they’re in the door we can offer them the advice, support and training that, in the long-term, will help them transform our industry.”
The deadline for applications for all placements is Friday, 16 April 2021. The full range of opportunities available are listed below:
- Assistant Digital Producer & Assistant Audio and Podcast Producer | Sky News
- Digital Video Junior Assistant Producer & Junior Assistant Producer | Sky Sports
- Trainee Sports Reporter & Trainee Sports Production Journalist | Sky Sports
- Assistant Editor & Social Media/Video Editor Assistant Producer | Sky Sports
- Multi-Skilled Operator & Junior Assistant Producer | Sky Sports
- Virtual Production Assistant and Operations Assistants | Sky Studios
- Editorial Assistant and Production Assistant | Sky Studios
- Sky Kids, Entertainment & Arts, Factual and Programme Strategy | Sky UK Content
The full press release can be viewed here.