Another brilliant Creative Industries Showcase
On 1st April 2015 Creative Access hosted their 7th Creative Industries Showcase.
For the fourth year in a row the event was held at Channel 4’s fabulous offices in London.
Over 150 BAME grads and final year students attended along with 40 representatives from a host of leading UK media companies.
The evening kicked off with presentations from our prestigious panel who represented a range of creative sectors including, TV, advertising and theatre. The panel and Q & A’s at the end were chaired by MagicFM’s Angie Greaves.
Our panel each gave an overview of how they started in their sector and how they got to where they are today as well as giving invaluable tips and advice to help the audience break into the industry.
The message from all our panelists was clear – be tenacious, expect knock backs but if you have a story to tell use all the methods at your disposal (such as social media) to tell it.
While each person had a different story to tell, each one was incredibly inspirational and motivating.
A massive thanks to our illustrious panel:
- COMPERE: Angie Greaves – DJ at MagicFM
- Simon Buckby – Chief Executive, Champollion
- Robin Elias – Managing Editor, ITN News
- Titas Halder – Writer / Director, Theatre & Film
- Angela Jain – Director of Digital Channels & Acquisitions, ITV
- Paul Matuszczyk – Business Lead and Partner, BBH
- Manisha Matharu – Key Accounts Assistant at Little Brown Book Group & former Creative Access intern
- David Woode – Health Features Writer, The Sun
Once the formal panel session was over there was plenty of time for attendees to network with not only the panel and Creative Access interns but also with senior people from media companies including the BBC, Penguin Random House, Sony Pictures and Music Gateway. There was a real buzz in the air as attendees took the opportunity to network with people that really understand the creative sector that they want to work in.